Now, I have thanked IHM and the judges already for choosing my post as one of the winning entries for the Tejaswee Rao Blogging Awards , have even expressed my heartfelt delight on Facebook, have eaten R’s head almost daily and my Ma’s too with the constant mention of this honour, have put up the badge on the post which got me this award and also put it up on the side-bar of my blog…and yet…yet I feel I havent done enough :).
I want to shout from the rooftops about this wonderful honour conferred on me. Its not just because it has come from IHM- someone who is an epitome of courage and strength, and it is named after Tejaswee-a person who never ceases to inspire me to date BUT ALSO because this award has been given to a post which is immensely close to my heart and which, every time I go back to read it, makes me realize that I did something truly right for my daughter.
So IHM, this is an extremely proud moment for me and I cant thank you and the judges enough for truly appreciating the feelings and sentiments behind this post. Means a lot to me! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
To read all the other winning entries, do visit here for each one is a gem in its own right.
And it gives me immense pleasure to tell you all that there are efforts being made to compile all the featured posts into an eBook and also a printed book so that it reaches out to even those sections of people who dont have internet access. And if any profits made out of the purchases, they will be donated to charity. What better way to start the year than a noble thought like such, isnt it? Heres wishing IHm and everyone involved in this initiative all the very best!
Now I am anything but versatile for most of my posts revolve around Namnam and the rest are mere gibberish but if such a tag comes from bloggers like Shail and Pixie whose posts never fail to stir me, move me and inspire me then its a huge honour :). Thank you so much, Shail and Pixie :).
Here are the rules of this tag:
- Nominate 15 fellow Bloggers
- Inform the Bloggers of their nomination
- Share 7 Random things about yourself
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your Blog Post
And here’s a bit of Deeps-ipedia in 7 bullet-points:
1. Let the first randomness be about the blogger in me- I like to read my archives a lot. Especially when I am going through a writer’s block, or feel low, I log in just to read through my old posts and feel better :).
2. One of the best things to have happened after moving to my current house has been my growing interest in gardening. Especially now when the weather is so conducive, I find myself enjoying the whole process of sowing seeds, watching them sprout to life, nurturing them while having little bit of conversation of my own with them( quirky, aint I 😀 ) and feeling elated like a child upon seeing my buds blooming into flowers :).
3. Unkept beds turn me off. Totally! I am finicky about even the slightest crease of the bedsheet 😛
4. Its been almost 3 years since Namnam started going to school and even today I feel overwhelmed when she pulls her hand off my grip excitedly to run inside the school and join hands with her friends while confidently surging towards the classroom. Gosh, I wonder when I will overcome this phase of letting her go of my hold :(.
5. Recently I had a sense of huge accomplishment when I managed to make a perpetually-sulking- yep, the ‘khadoos’-type lady in our compound smile :). Ever since we moved to our compound, I had been trying to crack up a conversation with her only to get the most disintersted look as a response. So I never really got a very positive vibe from her. But the new year seems to have had a good effect on her as she did give a good smile and wished me back a Happy New Year :).
6. Went for a girl’s night out y’day with two of my friends and had a blast of a time! It was so relaxing and addictive, for a change, to not stress ourselves about what to cook, or which activity to take our kids to or how to get them to do their homeworks or how best to tackle their tantrums for our respective spouses had ever so graciously volunteered to be the temporary-stay-at-home-dads and cater to them that we were even contemplating having such night-outs more often :D.
7. Now before you all even begin to ask me where we girls went for our night-out, let me not keep you guessing for the simple reason that i am too excited to let you even guess. I cant wait to tell you all- its as simple as that!! For those who have recently started reading me, let tell you that I am a huge huge tennis buff and more specifically a die-hard fan of Roger-Federer. And it has been my dream for as long as I can remember, to watch a live tennis match which finally got fulfilled last night at the Qatar Tennis Federation. What even better was that I got to see Federer play live! And needless to say it was an experience of a lifetime! The sheer respect he commands when he is right there on court is something that I cant express in words. He is dignity personified. It was truly a delight to watch him play so effortlessly with utmost poise and calm. I just hope he reaches the final so I can go back to ogle and drool at him some more! An icing on the ‘ogling’ will be if Nadal reaches the final too and gets thrashed out by Federer, what say, Swaram 😉
With that I’m done with the tag and all set to slip into the weekend. Before signing off, here are the 15 bloggers to whom this tag is passed!
Phew! Didnt know tagging 15 bloggers will stress me out so much!!
A lovely weekend to all! 🙂