– Who wakes up early in the morning, makes tea and then breakfast and then lunch for the entire household, waters the plants, packs lunch-boxes for the kids, dresses them up for school, and manages just enough time to get ready herself and scoots out for work
– Who can play basketball with her daughter’s friends with just as much panache as she can host parties or cook lavish meals for her son’s friends
– Who can speak to her son’s French girlfriend in impeccable French just as she teaches her daughter the nuances of music, with the notes and vibrato perfectly in place.
– Who ensures her house is spotless 24/7 with not a speck of dust.
I’m just a mom,
– who just loves to watch her daughter grow and treasure every moment.
– who believes her day is going to start on the happiest note when her daughter wakes up with the widest smile and the tightest hug to her.
– who walks around with the proudest glee when someone praises her daughter or when her kid gets her ‘Thank You’s and Sorry’s right making her feel that she is probably moving in the right direction while raising her child.
– who gets all teary-eyed and overwhelmed every time she sees her child performing on stage confidently with no inhibitions whatsoever.
– who remembers every little milestone of her daughter’s life from the first smile to the first word to the first step to the first first day in school and still yearns for more.
– who turns the fieriest when it comes to defending her child, who will not shirk to go to any length to ensure her child’s safety and welfare.
– who turns into a yelling and bickering mom every time her daughter decides to try her patience.
– who gets angry, even snaps at her daughter sometimes for no fault of hers. And then when she is on the brink of questioning her own parenting, pat comes a tight hug and a kiss tagged with an ‘ I love you, Mama’ to make her feel the most blessed and loved.
I’m just a mom, a normal, ordinary mom like any other human. I’m no God and dont wish to be. I’m just a human whose heart beats for her child like any other.
On this Mother’s day thats what I want- the acceptance, the acknowledgement that mothers are human too and not some super-being who has to get it right always.
Actually why on a particular day, make it every day of the year to acknowledge your mother and make her feel the most blessed and loved.